Reel Time - Jonathan Melville

Thursday 17 June 2010

EIFF 2010: Day One

Well, it's been and gone already - the Opening Night screening of The Illusionist took place last night at the Festival Theatre and Sir Sean Connery took to the red carpet to celebrate - but the 64th Edinburgh International Film Festival has only just began.

While you'll find my Illusionist review in today's Evening News (spoiler alert! I loved it), I've also watched a few other films over the last few days, with more to come.

Highlights so far include sci-fi/romance/action drama Monsters, set in an almost present day America, and a new documentary all about the fans' love (and hate) for the creator of Star Wars in The People vs George Lucas. More of those in Friday's paper, but I've also been writing up more on my screenings over on
www.reelscotland.com - head over to find out more about what it's worth spending your money on...one tip is to avoid The Last Rites of Ransom Pride, it's rancid...

Follow me on
Twitter for more on this year's EIFF.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home