Reel Time - Jonathan Melville

Friday 8 January 2010

What will you be watching in 2010?

In today's Edinburgh Evening News I laid out some of my film watching plans for 2010, mainly involving revisiting some classics - a year of Akira Kurosawa and film noir - as well as improving my cinema-going experience by avoiding watching 30 minutes of adverts each time and reading fewer spoilers.

Generally I just want to watch more quality at the cinema and at home, whether that's blockbusters, foreign films or golden oldies - I'll try to share as many discoveries as I can here on the blog and in the paper on a Friday.

If you have any resolutions, or recommendations, let me know in the comments section - or over on Twitter - and I'll do my best to check them out.

Happy viewing!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will aim to get round to watching the big films that have somehow completely passed me by... This includes ET, Mary Poppins, Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings.

But I'll probably just end up being lazy and going to cineworld to see even more tat like The Proposal.

8 January 2010 at 12:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Started the year by finally watching Titanic - the giant iceberg of a movie I've managed to avoid for 12 years. Intend to go on by raiding the internet archive of forgotten classics and out-of-copyright gems at archive.org. Planning on sharing the love with any new-found gems via Twitter.

Also planning on going to push myself to see more films in the cinema from outside of my comfort-zone.

8 January 2010 at 15:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home